Lake District Campsite in Thornthwaite
Lanefoot Farm Campsite is a peaceful site in a picturesque setting, between Bassenthwaite Lake and Derwentwater, with panoramic views of the surrounding fells.
We welcome tents, campervans, caravans and motorhomes.
Facilities & Features
- Showers with underfloor heating
- Toilets freshly decorated
- Washing-up sinks in a warm room
- Electricity Hook Up points for both caravans and tents
- Hardstanding Pitches for campervans, caravans and motorhomes
- Information Room with local maps and leaflets
- Drying Room for after those wet days on the fells
- Small Shop where we sell all the breakfast essentials sourced from local suppliers, as well as marshmallows for the campfires!
- Campfires are permitted on both fields. We have fire containers on site which must be used for the campfires. We have kindling and kiln dried logs for sale, which guarantee a good campfire.
- Please note that although we allow campfires we are not a party venue. Thank you for your consideration of our other campers.
- Dogs are permitted on the campsite, at no additional cost, but must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Suitable For: Lanefoot Farm Campsite is suitable for just about everyone who loves camping, especially; families, walkers, cyclists and Duke of Edinburgh groups
- Arrivals: Please call at the white farmhouse on arrival. New arrivals may pitch up after 2pm on day of arrival.
- Departures: All pitches must be vacated by 11am on the Day of Departure
- Deposit: We require a non-refundable deposit of 100% of the first night and 5% of subsequent nights.
- Location: View Lanefoot Farm Campsite on a map
- Minimum Stay: 2 nights for a pitch booking, (3 nights over Bank Holiday weekends)
- Advance Bookings: We do accept advance bookings for caravans, campervans and tents. You do not have to book a pitch to camp, but it is advisable, especially during school holidays and over Bank Holidays, in order to avoid disappointment.
- Online Booking System and pitch numbers: The numbers on our online booking system do NOT correlate to actual pitch numbers on the ground. When you arrive you will be able to choose where to pitch from the pitches that are available.
- Please note: We do not refund camping fees should you choose to leave early if it rains.
The Campsite Layout
The Campsite is divided into 2 fields, which are both approximately 2 acres in size.
The Meadow Field
It is a more secluded camping area, with views towards Skiddaw, Barrow and the Helvellyn range.
The Open Field
The Open Field has views towards Catbells, Skiddaw and Lord’s Seat. There is a fence across it to divide the caravan pitches from the grass pitches for tents. We have planted a native species mixed hedgerow along this fence. The ‘new’ field at the top of the Open Field is a good size, and is perfect for camping. This ‘new’ camping field has been very well recieved this year, and the hedgerow is beginning to grow.
Camping Tariff 2018
Please note: We do have more pitches other than those available to book online, so please email or phone us to enquire about availability, even if all the pitches appear to be already booked.
|Per adult per night low season||£9.50|
|Per adult per night high season||£10.50|
|Per child (aged 3 to 15 yrs) per night||£5.00|
|Per night for electric hook up||£6.00|
|Per additional tent/gazebo per night||£4.00|
|Per additional vehicle per day/night||£5.00|
|Campfires (fire pit, newspaper, and a bag of kiln dried wood)||£5.50|
|Additional bag of kiln dried wood||£5.00|
|D of E Award students and adults||£6.00|
Other Accommodation Options
Lanefoot Farm Glamping including The Pods, The Shepherds’ Hut and our Vintage Caravan
Self-Contained Holiday Cottages, including Bleaberry Lodge, Comb Beck and Lanefoot Loft